It has been one busy week!
I didn’t realize it until I decided to create a video…so here’s how it happened….
1. 3rd Thursday Art Walk – Throwing Demo
2. Wood Colony Faire (a tour of the studio),
3. Stanislaus Magazine Photoshoot (Thank you James Ewing, enjoyed chatting with you and thank you for your patience with me … lol!)
4. Purchase a “Lil’ Duncan” Test Kiln
5. Got Inspired: Visited a unique art gallery “Gatos Loco’s” and met some wonderful artists.
6. Investing in “Thankful Reflections” because I’m writing the book of my journey with “365 Day’s of Clay Cups” since it will be 5 years ago that I started the project.
7. and yes…I even cut off 8″ of my hair
MY NEW YEAR! The beginning of my year has always been my birthday! I don’t know why…but it just feels more accurate to set goals on one’s birthday..so that’s my “New Year”. It also seems that a persons birthday should be the day you GIVE other’s gifts, rather than GET gifts. Think about it… we were thought of as presents to our parents on the day we were born (hey…I’ll stop there LOL)!
So with this mindset, I generally set off about 2 weeks before my birthday to visualize my future (which would be now…since November 9th is the big day)! I make my plans and set my goals for the coming year! WHAT WILL MY CLAY PLAY LOOK LIKE IN 2016…those types of thoughts start about now!
This year is a little bit more special…1/2 a CENTURY ….I’LL BE 50 YEARS OLD! As I thoughtfully reflect, I also consider it an exciting adventure in a different season of life!
To be honest…I know I’ll never grow up (sorry my children…but don’t older people revert back to childhood as they grow old…eventually my mental age will again meet!), Now I feel like I’m more open and receptive than I’ve ever been to learning new things!
So, I’m looking forward to this future, I will find more joy and keep it fun & exciting …the way I’ve always wanted to live my life!
The big question….Hmmm…I what should I give as gifts on my birthday this year!!!??